- towel (at PST they will give you a big piece of cloth and tell you to be Zambian and dry off with it; alas, chitenje fabric does not absorb water)
- liquid hand sanitizer (I decided against it despite my mother’s protests, but I was kicking myself during training when we were getting sick all the time. Bring enough to get through training; at site you can install a handwashing station)
- a keeper or diva cup and pantiliners (if you’re a tampon gal, PC provides them for free)
- fingernail and toenail clippers
- hair doo-dads, if necessary (I’d love a headband as my hair grows out in every direction)
- lip gloss
- Dramamine!! If you can buy it here, I haven’t seen it. You may wish for it on Land Cruiser rides. We burned through our whole supply in the first two months.
- Prescriptions as necessary (PC will provide them but it will take awhile for the first batch)
- Your PC medical kit, which you should receive almost immediately upon arrival, will include sunscreen, floss, ibuprofin, aspirin, antacids, bandaids, and a ton of other supplies. PC definitely looks after you in the OTC medicine department, so don’t stress about it unless there’s something you can’t live without.