Monday, February 4, 2008

Home

Since we're about to jet across the world to live in a mud hut with no electricity or running water for two years, we have packed up our possessions and officially moved in with my folks.

Living in the lap of luxury makes me cringe a little bit. Their house is bigger, newer and a million times nicer than ours. But I am enjoying perks like taking a long, hot! bath in a tub without the fear of contracting a fungus on my butt cheeks. And tonight when I was making a vegetarian pizza, I found, inexplicably, a huge pastry box in the fridge marked DESSERT'S! OK TO EAT! This rivals in thrill factor the time I found $72 blowing around a deserted parking lot.

We have strewn the house with our thrift-store clothes and cluttered their kitchen with our wheat berries and Fair-Trade coffee. It's already starting to feel like home.

No comments: