Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Biding my time

All this waiting has me chewing my arm off. Some ways I'm finding to deal with the anxiety:

1. Getting snippy/irate with boss, husband, the guy who edges into the intersection in his W-sticker-plastered SUV while I'm trying to cross the street.
2. Drinking copious amounts of coffee, water and green tea.
3. Shaking; making numerous trips to the restroom. (see number 2)
4. Obsessively surfing blogs of places I think we might be going, and obsessively combing excel spread sheets found on a listserv to try to figure out where we might be going. (Note to self: if PC doesn't work out, consider work as private detective.)
5. Scratching psychosomatic rash that has sprouted across legs, arms, and midsection.
6. Dumping as much energy as possible into spinning class. I actually think my eyeballs were sweating this afternoon.
7. Eating more than my share of large pizzas plus rooting around desk drawers and coworker desktops for broken candy canes, Halloween-era Tootsie Pops, and even chewable vitamin chocolates (last resort; not recommended). (Hence number 6.)
8. Fretting.

No comments: