Saturday, January 12, 2008

Clutter

Before I announced my resignation at work, I was scheduled to write a feature for the summer issue on clutter. I passed all my notes along to my irritated boss, then found out that the woman I had been planning to interview used to live in Africa. Now she helps people clean out their closets.

The whole notion of writing about clutter strikes me as ironic right now. Our task for the next 40 days is to clean out the mountain of junk in our house preparing to live in a grass hut with nothing but what we can carry in a backpack.

I was online a few minutes ago changing my address to Country Living so my mom can send magazines to me and Trevor pointed out a cover blurb: "15 Pretty Ways to Get Organized." He said, "I'm sure that will be very useful in Zambia."

No comments: