Monday, January 14, 2008

Mouse

My brother bought me a cheap used laptop online, back when we still thought we'd be going someplace with electricity. I'm ripping CDs like a madwoman, in hopes.

The touchpad is a little wonky, so this afternoon I stopped by the office supply store and bought a wee little mouse that is smaller than a twinkie. I want to kiss it, it's so cute. For a mousepad, I'm using a quilted coaster.

Speaking of mice, our friend HD said he's been online researching, and was going to cook us some Zambian food, until he found out they serve caterpiller and mouse. Did I mention I'm a vegetarian? Good to know I have the source of tonight's bad dreams lined up already.

Researching is a hot topic among our friends & family this week. I think we've already fulfilled PC's famed "third goal" of raising awareness of other cultures among people back home. There are many people in this midwestern town who can now find Zambia on a map.

1 comment:

kcreemer said...

You just addressed one of my greatest fears- what to eat when in a host country. I've managed to learn how to say, no meat thank you, in several languages, but I doubt I know how to say it in "Zambian." But, keep in mind that others have gone before you and hopefully blazed a few trails in these scenarios!