Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Job

People have been asking me what my job is going to be in Zambia.

Officially, I am working with Rural Education Development. Here's what the official PC website says about it:

Peace Corps' education project builds on the initial success of a national radio education program called 'Learning at Taonga Market.' This interactive radio instruction program produced by the Zambian Ministry of Education covers the primary school curriculum in a fun and engaging way, and is broadcast over the national radio station.

I read the official program guide several times, but zoned out over phrases like "capacity building." Cabinets and houses I've built. But capacity?? Hopefully it comes with a blueprint, maybe a pattern printed on tissue.

Perhaps my job will include editing the official program guides. I could build the heck out of some capacity there. And remove some random commas while we're at it.

No comments: