Monday, January 7, 2008

News is no news

Apparently I spoke too soon before. Trevor got a returned message from our placement officer saying he's working on three potential sites for us, all in Africa.

Africa? For a month we've been telling people Eastern Europe, probably Albania. But Africa, hey that's cool. Perhaps we will get to live in a hut, after all. (The laptop I ordered comes in tomorrow; that'll be handy in a hut.)

Also, the PO said we'd be leaving any time between the end of February to July. February, as in the month after this one. That would be right at six weeks from today. Egads! As Trevor said, better not send in those checks to the Little Rock Marathon, eh? (It's March 2.)

If all the Africa projects fall through, we're also up for one in Eastern Europe, leaving in May.

The PO is waiting to hear from African country #1, according to his voice mail. My research has taught me to expect this to take A Long Time.

Also, Trevor is no longer doing urban planning, but environmental education.

Well, at least it's news, right? Pardon me while I go have a small nervous fit.

No comments: