Saturday, April 25, 2009

Sorry, but I have to mention this

I know some readers are over the whole sock update, but 2009 is the year of the sock, so you're going to have to endure the occasional sock at least until December.

I finished the first sock of the May pair during the teacher training today! It took our students until I started the toe decrease to figure out what I was making.

I realize that calendar purists might say I'm cheating by beginning the May socks while it's still, in fact, April. In my defense, since we're moving, all our crap is packed in bags and crammed atop a bunk bed, so it would be hard to dig out any other yarn right now. Plus this stuff was too gorgeous to wait (thanks, Lea!).

OK, sock report finished for now! (Trevor's fine, by the way. The newly sworn-in volunteers arrived today and he's already made a new best friend-- last time I looked, they were digging in the compost for avocado tree seedlings and drinking Castle beers.)

No comments: