Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Anxiously awaiting

The next group of Zambia volunteers is in their last week of packing, preparing, saying goodbye to home, and generally freaking out. Even though it was a year ago for us, I remember that combination of excitement and terror all too well. If anybody out there reading this is in that group, don't worry! We have everything you need here and we can't wait to meet you!

Lately I've been thinking a lot about the passage of time and how un-busy I am here compared to how much I flailed in America. It's so pervasive in American culture that even my 12-year-old niece emailed recently to complain about how busy she is. When I wrote to ask her why, she responded with one word: HOMEWORK!

I miss many things about home, but busyness stress is one thing I would gladly do without forever

No comments: