We were feeding our new batch of guests scrambled eggs and delicious French press coffee when we heard something fall out of the tree and hit the tent where they had been sleeping.
It looked like a branch but when it reared up and grabbed a lizard, we realized it was a snake. We wanted to let it go but as most of the snakes around here are poisonous and we have visitors and pets sleeping in the yard, we decided to call the family for help. Elias is off building a coffin for a cousin so they sent the kids, who thwacked the snake with a stick and carried it away.
Good thing I had already had my first cup of coffee.