Thursday, May 14, 2009

Doctor shows

The other day I came back to the empty guesthouse to find an American preacher ranting on the TV and the remote control mysteriously missing. (I did manage to turn it off eventually.)

Trevor has gone up to Luapula province this week with his new job, so it's just me and another PCVL (Marco) at the guesthouse. Marco went out last night so I got the (now returned) remote to myself.

I thought I would like House because so many people rave about it, but although I think Hugh Laurie is pretty amazing, the show seems flat to me. What I found fascinating was Dr. 90210, a reality show about California plastic surgeons. I can't get this image out of my head of the surgeon carrying away a huge sheet of skin after a post-gastric-bypass tummy tuck. And the other doctor's tacky kitchen remodel.

No comments: