Friday, May 1, 2009

Familiar

I rode out to Chadiza with Clement, the Provincial General Services Officer (PGSO), to help post the new volunteer at our friend Koh's site.

Clement and I wanted to visit a couple of people: Patrick the forestry agent, Elias our old host dad, and Benson the guy who helps with the women's coop. Patrick wasn't in his office, Elias wasn't at home, and I didn't even bother trying to call Benson.

We kinda gave up and resigned ourselves to meeting people next time. Then, after we ate some shima at my friend Mrs. Mbewe's restaurant, I ran into Benson and told him about the sewing machine I had brought out for the coop. We went to look for Elias at the tree by Mr. Daka's store where he usually hangs out. Right as we pulled up, he rode up on his bike. As we were driving out of town, we passed Patrick, who was walking down the road.

Ah, small town.

No comments: